As part of the range of actions, Government is taking, the Dublin Regional Homeless Executive (DRHE) is operating a specific HAP scheme in the Dublin region for homeless households. Cork City Council is operating a similar support for homeless households. This Homeless HAP scheme provides additional financial and related supports to tenants and landlords, along with all of the benefits of the national HAP scheme.
- Local authority must have determined that the household is homeless and has no alternative accommodation options.
- Local authority must have determined that the household needs additional supports to find and secure appropriate rent accommodation.
- All types of properties required for all kinds of households and family sizes across the Dublin region.
- Deposit and two months’ rent upfront available for homeless households only.
- Specific and competitive rents are paid to secure properties for households who need them. These rates are available from the DRHE website here. If you wish to make property available for homeless tenants contact DRHE directly at (01) 222 6955 or email@example.com
- All the benefits of national HAP scheme including centralised rent payments and collection available.