- As landlord, you will be paid electronically, on the last Wednesday of each month. This covers the occupation of the property by the HAP tenant for that calendar month, subject to the HAP tenant paying the local authority their weekly rent contribution.
- There will be no need for rent collection from HAP tenants leading to administrative savings for you.
- All payments are made electronically.
- HAP payment to you will not change if your HAP tenant’s income changes.
- Since 1 January 2016, landlords who rent to tenants in receipt of social housing supports such as HAP may avail of increased tax relief. This allows property owners to claim 100% relief on their mortgage interest, as an expense against rental income. To qualify for this tax relief, the landlord must undertake to make the accommodation available to qualifying tenants for at least three years, and this undertaking must be registered with the Residential Tenancies Board (www.rtb.ie). Further information on increased tax reliefs is available at www.revenue.ie